Skip to the content
- In honor of the Word Cup here’s Enrico Chapela’s piece, Íngesu, a join commemorating a 1999 soccer match between Mexico & Brasil.
- James MacMillan’s Hodie puer nascitur motet is a trippy, gorgeous little meditation.
- Try as I may I can’t get this Disclosure remix of Pharrell & Jay Z out of my head. (Obviously not classical.)
- Here’s my nominee for best string sample in a song opener this week.
- Described on r/classicalmusic as “absolutely jaw-dropping,” I present you Ravel’s Introductions & Allegro for Harp, String Quartet, Clarinet & Flute. Ravel doing Ravellian things throughout. This is a new one on me.
- I came across a piano player working those arpeggios in NYC’s Washington Square a couple weeks ago.
- Listen as Kestrel Wright goes Flexall 454 (no Joe Namath) on some Paganini for horn.
- Lily Press put her entire master’s recital up on Bandcamp for your listening pleasure, and I assure you it is a pleasure. That Scarlatti!