- Conductor calls board members “crooks in $3,000 suits,” board offended by that sick burn.
- Using a cat as a euphonium mute (cuteness alert).
- HDClassicalMusic.com offers TONS of free classical you can download or stream directly to your face.
- “Beat deafness” is why people can’t clap together at concerts.
- Viola worth ~US 45 quadrillion dollars fails to sell because, I don’t know, people wanted to buy crocodile skin t-shirts instead, or something.
- Ansel Elgort — he of the weepy The Fault in our Stars — landed the lead role in the new Van Cliburn biopic.
- Here’s security camera footage of a dude in jorts (what else) stealing a violin. Violin was returned unharmed.
- Palette cleanser: grab your Fun Dip & enjoy this “circular visualization” of Steve Reich’s Piano Phase.