- David Finckel likes to travel, says NYT. “I’m a cellist, not a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.” Noted.
- Check out this manifesto by the University of Maryland.
- Hilary Hahn on practice hygiene and the fabled work-life balance.
- My practice is way more like this.
- Call me maestro: Mendelssohn Museum in Leipzig lets you conduct a virtual orchestra.
- Conductor or automaton? Who knows anymore.
- The Met Opera Orchestra players discover #socialmedia, or “sosh meed” as I’m told the kids say these days.
- Monty Python serves up the 20 most unusual deaths of composers.